Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thinking, my hobby

Playing with my thoughts under the shower in morning is perhaps my favorite time of the day. Those 10 minutes of seclusion from everything else gives me time with my thoughts and ideas, and with the cool water heightening my senses, almost everytime I come up with something cool and original, an idea or a one liner thought, that I feel good about for rest of the day!
While commuting to my office, I get about 10 minutes with myself while I'm sitting in an auto-rickshaw. Even with all the noise and commotion around, I find myself floating in the vast expanse of my thoughts. Yes, I enjoy playing with my thoughts, and some of it I write. Even in a group of friends, I have a string of thoughts running in parallel to the chatting happening around me.
One of my seniors and perhaps the most influential and wise student I met during my days at college, told us on 2nd day of our orientation that, "whatever you enjoy doing is your hobby. I enjoy thinking, so Thinking is my hobby. No harm in that!"
That very thought of having Thinking as a hobby intrigued me and I was deeply impressed by him. I felt motivated to make thinking my hobby, and it eventually has become my habit.
My physics teacher at Gurukul, the coaching institute at Jalandhar used to tell us that one should never stop thinking because whatever we think can be possible. His reason was simple: we are a part of this universe, so our thoughts would also be confined to the various possibilities applicable in this universe. So, he encouraged us to keep on thinking and be innovative.
The best part about thinking is that it only requires our time and our attention. No investments is needed, no team or partner required, and it can be done anytime, anywhere!

1 comment:

Mux said...

Everyone thinks all the time but the worst part about thinking is that it requires time and attention. We could have utilized the same to finish the tasks assigned to us but at times those get delayed due to it.
"No investments is needed, no team or partner required, and it can be done anytime, anywhere!" should be rephrased as "No investment is needed, no team or partner is required, and it can be done anytime, anywhere!"