Wednesday, January 08, 2014

The Everyday Sine Wave of Emotions

Everything's good in my life and around me but in my mind I keep going through the sine wave of emotions !!


Each wave starts early in the morning and ends late at night.
Its the same everyday. The sine wave starts at zero, then rises to its positive peak value by lunch time during which I have my first cup of tea, I exercise, I have breakfast and I spent a couple of hours working at my desk. After lunch, and conversations with others about how life can be so much better, my emotional curve starts to fall and reaches zero by snacks time as I realize that life can indeed be so much better!
By dinner time my emotional curve hits rock bottom as it reaches its negative peak value. This is when I am back from office, and connected to office from home. Sometimes I feel sad that I am still connected to office while others in my apartment are done with their office work for the day. Add to it the misery I go through while surfing the internet and feeling jealous by looking at all the happy faces on Facebook, some updating their marriage pics, others their promotion or admission news.
After dinner I watch some nice TV shows or movies and my emotions start rising back from negative and towards the neutral line. Before sleeping I do some light reading and relax myself to enter the world of sweet slumber.
This is one full day for me, everyday.

1 comment:

marciexyz said...

Ah, the sine wave of emotions, I feel it too and see it in others, not quite as uniform as yours but cyclic for sure. I did an internet search of the topic and came across your blog. For me, the positive is when I'm flowing and not caught up in the stress and negative thoughts, projections, judgements that my logical mind is so good at. If we could learn to deal with our spiritual or emotional pain without judging, manipulating, controlling the outside world and people, we would all be better off because we would be on the high side of the sign wave. I call this place being "in the garden". Good luck navigating and understanding your emotional cycles my friend.